Friday, January 28, 2011

Changes...

Sometimes there's no choice but to change. You can't keep traveling the path that you're on because you're essentially killing yourself. I have spent my life believing that change is a horrible thing. It means people leaving, it means people dying, it brings bad things and leaves you nothing. Recently I figured out that maybe that isn't true. Sometimes change can be for the better, even if it's painful, or scary some good may come out of it. In the past couple of weeks I experienced the positive and negative sides of change. Both things were something I feared with my whole heart and you know what? It didn't kill me.
I spent so much time focusing on what the worse that could happen was that I made myself terrified. But now there's a new path opening in my life. And maybe it's even a good one. So I think I've figured out that change isn't all bad, it can be scary, but in the end... I think most of the time everything works out. Maybe not the way you planned it... and maybe it wasn't easy. You have to suffer through the rain to see a rainbow. Life is the same; you have to suffer a little pain to let the changes take effect. It could be something beautiful, or just what you need.

1 comment:

  1. There is a beauty only borne from pain. Is it something we would choose...not necessarily, but when we hold on long enough to get through the darkness - it is then that we can see the light at the end of the tunnel and the good that it can bring!

    Here is one of my fav. quotes...

    "When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets
    dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump
    off. You sit still and trust the engineer."
    --Corrie Ten Boom

    ReplyDelete