Saturday, January 29, 2011

Poem

I write (or I used to) poems as a way to kind of vent. I figured I'd post a poem... I wrote it not long ago... It's not really a happy poem but it is one of the happier poems I've written... So, here is it:

walking in circles, no where to go
the pain hidden inside is starting to show
people lean on her a little too hard
taking the pain has left her scarred
she longs for a friend to lean on as well
she is too scared to fall, too scared to tell
she lets the tears fall but only alone
she has troubles with trust, she is on her own
trying to figure out where she belongs
as she tries to numb bad thoughts with the songs
she carries on with life like she's okay
thinking the words she wont dare to say.

1 comment:

  1. You have a way with words Lauren...these are powerful words - praying that your writings will bring healing.

    ReplyDelete